AOM 103 – HIGH FASHION, EDITORIAL & PHOTOGRAPHIC MAKEUP
AOM 103 prepares graduates to work as Makeup Artists for fashion shows, high fashion photography and commercial photography, as well as demonstrating makeup at trade shows and public events.
AOM 103 – HIGH FASHION & PHOTOGRAPHIC MAKEUP
Training includes: Knowledge in lighting for black and white and color print. The study of color with all its uses. Expanded and reinforced creativity and imagination. The understanding and use of non-conventional elements in fanciful designs. How to promote products through makeup design. Studio etiquette and the uses of film versus digital photographs for editorial looks. The study and comprehension of the history of makeup, including all period makeup designs and products used.
AOM 103 prepares graduates to work as Makeup Artists for fashion shows, high fashion photography and fanciful performances, as well as demonstrating makeup at trade shows and public events.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies and able to:
- Recognize and use lighting placement and understand how it affects the makeup designs.
- Construct and apply cosmetics devices for photographic makeup purposes.
- Select specific cosmetic & products for photographic situations.
- Design, restyle and apply a variety of artificial lashes.
- Choose and conduct a makeup presentation for specific makeup products.
- Analyze the History of Makeup, from ancient times to the 1900’s.
- Design makeup specifically for fashion shows, high fashion photography and fanciful performances.
- Introduction to High Fashion & Photographic Makeup.
- Cosmetic Lifts for High Fashion and Corrective Designs.
- History of Makeup.
- Runway & Avant Garde Makeup Considerations.
- Editorial Makeup Designs & Applications.
- Outdoors & Sports Fashion Challenges.
- Working with Fashion Designers.
- Black & White Photography Makeup Application & Considerations.
- Lighting Considerations.
- Digital Color Photography Makeup Application & Considerations.
- Period Styles, Outdoor/Sports, Editorial & Final Exam Photo Shoot sessions.
This course is accredited and can only be taken as part of the Artistry of Makeup Program.
Pre-requisite: AOM 102 (124 Clock Hours / 8.5 Quarter Credit Units)
ARTISTRY OF MAKEUP COURSES
Explore our creative environment and get a real feel for how everything works.
Check out the latest catalog and learn more about EI.
READY TO ENROLL?
The first step in attending EI is completing an application for admission.