Spring is the time for blossoms, new growth and updating your look with trendy makeup 2015. This year boasts revised throwbacks with a more laid back air from the 50s, 70s and 90s.
Extravagant or bold eyeliner is the must-have tool to have in your makeup kit. Black is always the go-to color, but we’re also seeing a lot of navy, rich brown, regal purples and out loud greens on the runways lately. The look is heavy, structured and slightly, to somewhat flourished for the more conservative eye. A casual take requires a more freehand look with uneven lines, smudging and minimal flourish.
• Smoky muted purples, browns and rosy pinks eyeshadow for sultry eyes. Skip the eyeliner and used eyeshadow to line your upper and lower lash lines, blend outwards to soften the edges. Use clear or tinted mascara on eyelashes just to define them and keep brows full, carefree with minimal structure.
• Nude or soft pink lips are the most popular for an everyday bohemian makeup look. Leave the lip liner and apply the color evenly across your lips straight from the tube or with your fingertip. Go for a medium or medium sheer coverage lip color in a satin finish for the most authentic look.
• Your skin should be translucent and dewy, devoid of any heavy foundations or creams. Leave skin bare if possible or apply a good BB cream for minimal coverage.
• The eyes are similar in color to the bohemian smoky eye look but opt for taupe, dusty brown and brown/gray eyeshadows. Concentrate the eyeshadow on the crease and not on the lid itself. Use a dark brown or black eye liner to line between the lashes on your upper eyelid. Gently lift your upper eyelid with one hand while carefully lining your waterline and the space between your eyelashes. This will instantly give you the look of full dark eyelashes without being obvious. Use black liquid or pen eye liner along your upper lash line and draw it out at the outer corners. Apply a coat of brown or brown/black mascara to finish the eyes.
• Lips should be a rich burgundy, brown or garnet in color. Go for a satin or matte finish and apply with a lip brush for even coverage. This look requires a more opaque lip color and structure so use a matching lip liner to perfectly outline your lips.
• For every day wear, skip the blush and just add a touch of illuminating highlighter to the peaks of your cheekbones.
• Keep the skin slightly dewy or matte with powder or mattifying cream. Use a full coverage foundation to make your skin as even and flawless as you can.
“It Girl” Glam
• For the trendiest “It Girl” eyes go for a feminine shade like baby rose, tender pink, peach, delicate coral, fluffy mint, sheer aqua, lavender or lemon cream. The look leans towards pastel shades, but with a bit more oomph. Apply the shadow from the lash line up past the crease and blend towards your brow bone. Add a touch of highlight on the brow bones just below your eyebrows to open the eye. The eyebrows should be full and loosely structured with definite lines. Brush brows upwards with clear mascara or brow gel to demure harsh lines and give it a softer look.
• For the lips you can choose from extremes, either nude or bold poppy red. Depending on your eyeshadow color and intensity you can go with a nude or neutral shade of lip color or choose a shade of red that doesn’t clash with your eye makeup. Poppy reds are the hottest shades this season.
• Clean and fresh faced is how your skin should look. Go with a dewy finish that’s reminiscent of a day at the beach. Lightly powdered bare skin or a light covering of BB cream is all that you’ll need for this look. Add small touches of a slightly shimmery highlighter on the Cupid’s bow, brow bone and tops of cheekbones. For a little bit of warmth and soft glow, sweep on a nude blush with a hint of pink.