EI is offering a special scholarship to licensed Estheticians and Cosmetologists. Anyone possessing a license in either discipline will qualify for a 5% discount to our Artistry of Makeup program. This special scholarship discount is counted as tuition credit. In addition to the makeup scholarship, we will also waive the text book fee for your first class.
This six course Artistry of Makeup program offers you everything from the basics through the advanced techniques of each makeup discipline; including practical workshops, guest speakers and field trips. The six artistry of makeup program consists of:
- Salon: Beauty and Corrective Makeup – Covers all fundamentals of the face including: shape, condition, corrective techniques, day and evening applications, with special emphasis on the elements of the face: eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, etc.
- Theatrical/Live Performances Makeup – Training in intimate, mid-range and long-range theatrical production design and development of specific character studies, including: Analysis of character together with environment, heredity, health, personality and circumstances as they influence character appearance, age and facial hair.
- High Fashion and Photographic Makeup – Knowledge in lighting for black and white and color print. The study of color with all its uses. Expanded and reinforced creativity and imagination. The understanding and use of non-conventional elements in fanciful designs.
- Beginning Prosthetics – Construction of proper and realistic prosthetic appliances for facial or skin application, ventilating and punching hair techniques, bald cap construction, knowledge and running of different prosthetic appliance materials such as rubber, foam latex, polyurethane foam, gelatin and silicone, false teeth making, Life cast techniques, molding techniques and the development of characters with appliances to be used in the Film course.
- Television and HD Makeup – This course explores the difference between analog and digital TV, the achievement of a 20-year increase/decrease in age, using “cosmetics-only” and “build-up” techniques to duplicate realistic diseases, such as Small Pox, AIDS, malnutrition, etc. Simulation of simple injuries and bruises with realistic looks for HDTV, script analysis, character breakdowns, extreme corrective makeup for a variety of television presentations, airbrushing techniques and body makeup, application of facial hair works and creating and removing tattoos with makeup only.
- Film Makeup and Special Effects – Set etiquette, character development, building the artist’s portfolio, bald cap applications, appliances applications, age and character progression and development, horror characters including complex injuries, medical dressings and treatments, period designs and budgets.
This is the perfect opportunity to improve upon your existing skills as a professional esthetician or cosmetologist. Update, regenerate and create a renewed passion for makeup artistry with our exclusive scholarship offer.