COURSES - AOM 105
BEGINNING PROSTHETICS – Tech Lab
AOM 105 – Basic Tech Lab- Beginning Prosthetic
In this basic course students will learn the fundamentals required to perform basic prosthetic construction for structural changes on future characters.
Training includes: The procedures to develop a life cast necessary for the construction of proper and realistic attachments for the head and face; sculpting procedures, casting and molding of sculptures, the running of foam latex, gelatin and silicone for face appliances, pros aide transfer appliances and the development of characters with appliances to be used in the HDTV & FILM Part 2 Course.
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies and will be able to:
- Identify, analyze and apply different mold making techniques to create Film quality prosthetics.
- Examine and experiment with different prosthetic appliance construction materials.
- Interpret and prepare different structural face changes by different sculpting techniques.
- Collect and compare different reference material to organize conceptual designs.
- Chose and design different makeup prosthetics for specific characters.
This course is accredited and can only be taken as part of the Artistry of Makeup Program.
Pre-requisite: AOM 104 (120 Clock Hours / 4 Quarter Credit Units)