COURSES - AOM 104
TELEVISION & HD Makeup
AOM 104 – TELEVISION & HD Makeup Part – 1
Training includes: the considerations and application of makeup used on high definition and digital TV, the achievement of a 20-year increase in age, using cosmetics and build up materials only, to duplicate realistic diseases, such as small pox, AIDS, malnutrition, etc., to simulate different simple injuries for television situations, script analysis, character breakdowns for a variety of television presentations, airbrush makeup applications and uses, application of facial hair works, creating and removing tattoos with makeup only, construction and application of different mediums bald caps.
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies and will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate between Analog and Digital Television. Distinguish Digital from Hi Def TV and discuss various types of lighting equipment used in TV studios and examine how it affects makeup applications.
- Design, create, differentiate and apply straight-corrective, beauty, character, nationality and fanciful makeup designs for Digital TV situations, by using airbrush and hand applied techniques.
- Conduct a TV script analysis that includes designs, character breakdowns, sketches, continuity and shooting schedules.
- The use and application of both youthening and aging techniques with cosmetics to effectively change the actor’s age in TV situations.
- Design, create and apply realistic, simulated simple wounds and injuries for Hi Def TV.
- Use and apply artificial hair for Hi Def TV situations.
- Sketch, illustrate and apply temporary tattoo transfers for Hi Def TV and recognize how to cover and conceal real tattoos, scars and birth marks.
- Examine the general symptoms of different illnesses and diseases and practice duplicating the appearance of those symptoms with cosmetics products.
- Collect, research materials, design, construct and apply techniques learned on a final project to be used for portfolio purposes.
This course is accredited to be taken only as part of the Artistry of Makeup Program.
Pre-requisite of AOM 103 (120 Clock Hours / 4 Quarter Credit Units)