COURSES - AOM 103
HIGH FASHION & PHOTOGRAPHIC MAKEUP
Training includes: Knowledge in lighting for black and white and color print. The study of color with all its uses. Expanded and reinforced creativity and imagination. The understanding and use of non-conventional elements in fanciful designs. How to promote products through makeup design. Studio etiquette and the uses of film versus digital photographs for editorial looks. The study and comprehension of the history of makeup, including all period makeup designs and products used. AOM 103 prepares graduates to work as Makeup Artists for fashion shows, high fashion photography and fanciful performances, as well as demonstrating makeup at tradeshows and public events.
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies and able to:
- Recognize and use lighting placement and understand how it affects the makeup designs.
- Use color theory to achieve fanciful makeup designs.
- Construct and apply cosmetics devices for photographic makeup purposes.
- Select specific brushes and cosmetic products for photographic situations.
- Design, restyle and apply a variety of artificial lashes.
- Compare and interpret a standard beauty design and a fanciful design.
- Choose and conduct a makeup presentation for specific makeup products.
- Analyze the History of Makeup, from ancient times to the 1900’s.
- Design makeup specifically for fashion shows, high fashion photography and fanciful performances.