COURSES - AOM 102
THEATRICAL / LIVE PERFORMANCES MAKEUP
Students receive training in intimate, mid-range and long-range theatrical production design and development of specific character studies, including: Analysis of character together with environment, heredity, health, personality and circumstances. as they influence character appearance, age and facial hair. Students in this course also attend a one-day session at a Professional Hollywood Theatre for hands-on instruction in etiquette, backstage set-up and lighting design, with instruction on how lighting affects makeup design and colors. AOM 102 prepares graduates to work as professional Makeup Artists for theatrical productions, theatre companies and various live stage performance.
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies and be able to:
- Learn all considerations to create makeup applications for theatrical situations.
- Differentiate the makeup applications according to different theatre ranges.
- Analyze, apply and create different theatrical characters according to personality, age, status and appearances, suitable for classic and modern plays.
- Distinguish between dramatic formats and apply techniques according to each individual style.
- Combine and demonstrate all techniques used for the creation of theatrical makeup characters.
- Evaluate, arrange and create makeup applications for specific theatre characters.
This course is accredited and can only be taken as part of the Artistry of Makeup Program.
Pre-requisite: AOM 101 (120 Clock Hours / 4 Quarter Credit Units)