COURSES - AOM 101
SALON:Beauty and Corrective Makeup
AOM 101 – BEAUTY AND CORRECTIVE MAKEUP
This course covers all fundamentals of the face including: shape, condition, corrective techniques, day and evening applications, with special emphasis on the elements of the face: eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, etc. Hygiene & Sanitation warnings, mature skin makeup applications, Bridal makeup & business considerations, intensive product knowledge, tools of the trade, networking and all aspects of the business is also discussed in this course. Graduates of AOM 101 are well prepared to work as Personal Beauty Makeup Artists in a broad range of capacities including: beauty salon makeup services, weddings, sales and application at makeup counters etc.This course has 3 photo shoots were the students can start building up their career portfolio.
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies:
- Recognize the various uses of wax, crème, liquid, watercolor cake and powder cosmetics.
- Identify and use all synthetic and natural hair brushes for cosmetics applications.
- Create makeup designs for natural daytime and evening makeup looks.
- Distinguish the different types of evening makeup. Design & apply makeup looks for all types of special occasions: Evenings, red carpet, wedding, etc. Assess the different types of artificial eye lashes (band and individual) and the uses of such, as they pertain to the overall design.
- Select makeup specifically for men’s applications and evaluate the specific needs of each individual client.
- Evaluate day & evening makeup looks and implement such depending on venue or special event.