COURSES - AOM 101
SALON:Beauty and Corrective Makeup
AOM 101 – SALON: BEAUTY AND CORRECTIVE MAKEUP
This course covers all fundamentals of the face including: shape, condition, corrective techniques, day and evening applications, with special emphasis on the elements of the face: eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, etc. Graduates of AOM 101 are well prepared to work as Personal Beauty Makeup Artists in a broad range of capacities including: beauty salon makeup services, weddings, sales and application at makeup counters etc..
Upon completion of this course the student will have acquired the following competencies:
- Recognize the various uses of wax, crème, liquid, watercolor cake and powder cosmetics.
- Identify and use all synthetic and natural hair brushes for cosmetics applications.
- Create makeup designs for natural daytime and evening makeup looks.
- Distinguish the different types of evening makeup. Design & apply makeup looks for all types of special occasions: Evenings, red carpet, wedding, etc. Assess the different types of artificial eye lashes (band and individual) and the uses of such, as they pertain to the overall design.
- Select makeup specifically for men’s applications and evaluate the specific needs of each individual client.
- Evaluate day & evening makeup looks and implement such depending on venue or special event.