The seasons are changing and so are the makeup trends so we’ve put together some Makeup Tips for Makeup Trends 2015 for you to experiment with, pass or keep.
• Instantly brighten your look with a bold poppy shade of lipstick. Skip the lip liner and apply from the center of your lips out to the edges using your fingertip. Keep your eye makeup simple with a single coat of brown tint mascara and nude eyeshadow. If you choose a shimmery or pearlescent lip color then go with matte eye colors. However, if your lips are matte then you can add a touch shimmer to the center of you eyelid right above the lashes.
• Update your makeup look with light-reflecting concealer, peach or rose blush, and subtle highlighter for a clean, elegant, and youthful face. The new concealers offer the same or better coverage than those of days gone by, but are lighter in texture and tend to be less cakey. Soft peach and pale rose blushes give you a more natural feminine look while offering an aura of youth. The key to highlighting is subtlety and your highlighter should highlight and not highbeam. Choose one that’s super sheer and glides on smoothly if you use a cream or stick highlighter. Powder highlighter usually needs a soft touch or you’ll end up looking like an insane cyborg, so go easy and apply gently.
• Turn your daytime makeup into sultry night makeup by simply adding metallic bronze, copper, gold or silver eyeliner topped with matching eyeshadow along your lash lines. The eyeshadow will help your eyeliner to stay put while also giving you a softer, smoldering look. Add a light dusting of powder to your face to absorb shine and you’re ready to go! If you have a little more time or want your makeup to have a bigger impact, dab lips with tinted lip balm in red, rosy pink or peach.
• For a natural-ish trendy look, try a bold and bright colored creamy opaque eye liner in tangerine, violet, sunshine, cobalt or crème de menthe along your lower lash line. Leave your upper eye lids bare of eye liner and apply two coats of mascara on your upper lashes to open your eye and to balance the top with the bottom. The bottom lashes should be mascara-free or with a single coat of tinted mascara in order to allow your liner to shine brightly. Pair your bold streak with taupe or sand colored blush or eyeshadow below your cheek bones for a natural looking contour, and neutral lips in bare nude, blush nude, caramel, suntan or latte.
• Get a dewy, glowing, barely tan makeup look that really stuns in the no-makeup makeup department with a few simply steps. Start by swapping out your regular foundation or BB cream for one that is a shade darker than your natural skin tone. Next, using a large fluffy brush, sweep matte terracotta, mocha or copper blush, bronzer, eyeshadow or loose pigment across your cheekbones. With the same brush and color, swipe it across your face beginning from the top of one cheekbone and continuing under your eyes, over your nose and ending at the opposite cheekbone.