10 Facts About EI Makeup School
We’ve come up with a list of 10 fun and interesting facts, because you may or may not be familiar with EI makeup school. This list is an introductory for anyone who is interested in attending our school, and where you can find more information about what we have to offer our students.
1. We are the World’s First School of Professional Makeup, and still going strong after being in business for 50 years. Students attending our school are receiving more than 50 years of experience and talent.
2. Hollywood, California is the only location where you will find our school, and nowhere else. There are many makeup schools throughout the country with multiple locations, however, we only have a single location in Los Angeles. Having just one location ensures that we offer students the best education from experienced instructors who are currently working in the industry.
3. This year is our 50th Anniversary! Founded in 1966, we are proudly celebrating our 50th birthday. After many years of refining, redefining, and remodeling we have finally hit the half century mark on the calendar.
4. As an accredited makeup school, we have the ability to offer help to students that other school can not. An accreditation is important for a school to possess, so students can feel secure in their education.
5. Because EI makeup school is accredited, Government funded Financial Aid is available to qualifying students. Many of our students wouldn’t be able to attend our school, without the help of financial aid.
6. Our instructors were contestants on the popular TV series FACE/OFF. In fact, they have even gone on to win the season. There amazing work on and off of the show only serves as a testament to their talent.
7. EI makeup school is a professional school for those who are serious about the makeup arts as a career. Our curriculum is designed specifically for those who have a serious interest in the makeup arts. The focus is solely on makeup and its multiple uses in different settings.
8. Students learn everything from the basics to complex special effects makeup, with no stone left unturned and no corners cut. A thorough and comprehensive education that translates to real world application is our main goal.
9. We boast an 80% job placement rate, which means that 80 out of 100 students are employed in the makeup arts after graduation. Having one of the highest placement rates of all the makeup schools, we pride ourselves on the viability of our education.
10. Students can find guidance, counseling and help from our Career Services department. Keeping open communications with their specialist, is highly encouraged. It’s best for students to discuss their future career goals with an expert, in order to make the most of their career.